COVID-19 cases have yet to fall below the 4,000 mark amidst bracing a nearly five months of lockdown, while the requirements for the country to proceed into Phase 2 of the National Recovery Plan (PPN) has been in futile. Hence, Phase 1 will continue until further notice.
According to Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, Phase 1 will be prolonged without a specific end date due to the harsh fact that requirements for the country to proceed into Phase 2 of PPN, has yet been met as COVID-19 cases have failed to drop below the 4,000 mark.
But rest assured, if this criterion is met, Phase 2 will be implemented, along with requirements that 10% of the population be completely vaccinated and ICU bed utilisation levels be modest.
To clear your confusion, this is what the recovery plan roadmap states:
- Cross-district and cross-state movements remain prohibited
- Dine-In still prohibited
- Only two household representatives are allowed to go out to buy essentials with requirements of a radius not exceeding 10km from his/her residence
- A maximum of three people, including patients, are permitted to leave the residence for health care, medical services, screening tests, vaccination programs, or an emergency within a 10-kilometre radius
- The number of passengers in taxis and e-hailing rides is restricted to two, including the driver, and passengers must sit in the backseat
- Movement for cases of death and natural disasters is allowed after obtaining permission from PDRM
Percentage of workforce in public & private sector:
- About 80% of workers work from home
- About 40% of workers work from home
- Private and public institutions to remain closed till further notice
- Schools to reopen in stages from 1st September, 2021
Business and Services:
- Eateries can now operate from 8AM to 10PM
- Supermarkets, hypermarkets, and department stores can operate from 8AM until 8PM
- Petrol stations can operate from 6AM to 8PM, except petrol stations on toll highways which can operate for up to 24 hours
- Day markets and night markets are allowed to open from 8AM until 8PM
- Pasar Malam and Pasar Tani are strictly prohibited
Sports in open space:
- Must be one person ONLY
- Must maintain 2-3m physical distancing
Let’s all work together to fight the pandemic at every level #Letsbreakthecovidchain!