Varnam Malaysia
  • News
    • Sports
    • Education
  • Reviews
    • Concert
    • Movie Reviews
  • Exclusive
  • Culture
  • Travel
  • Community
  • Lifestyle
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Trailers
    • Music
    • Movies
No Result
View All Result
Varnam Malaysia
  • News
    • Sports
    • Education
  • Reviews
    • Concert
    • Movie Reviews
  • Exclusive
  • Culture
  • Travel
  • Community
  • Lifestyle
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Trailers
    • Music
    • Movies
No Result
View All Result
Varnam Malaysia
No Result
View All Result
Home Movies

Raghava Lawrence Steps Down As Director For Akshay Kumar’s Laxmi Bomb; Says That He Was Not Respected!

by Tiviya Linges
May 21, 2019
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSend

Whoa what! That does not seem fair!

‘Laxmi Bomb’, the Hindi remake has Akshay Kumar playing the lead role and is set to release in June 2020.

Filmmaker Raghava Lawrence took to Twitter on Saturday to announce that he will be stepping down as director for the upcoming Akshay Kumar-starrer Laxmi Bomb.

Lawrence tweeted that he will not be part of this Hindi remake of Kollywood hit Kanchana because he was disrespected and disappointed by the team.

Dear Friends and Fans..!I
In this world, more than money and fame, self-respect is the most important attribute to a person's character. So I have decided to step out of the project, #Laxmmibomb Hindi remake of Kanchana@akshaykumar
@RowdyGabbar @Advani_Kiara pic.twitter.com/MXSmY4uOgR

— Raghava Lawrence (@offl_Lawrence) May 18, 2019

Kanchana, a horror comedy which was released in 2011 was a sequel to Muni and portrays the tale of a ghost-fearing man who gets possessed. The film is set for release in June 2020. And while Lawrence had written, produced and directed the original, in the Hindi remake his role was limited to direction.

The film’s first look poster was released on Saturday and proved to be the last straw for Lawrence, who announced his decision to quit as director.

Bringing you one bomb of a story,#LaxmmiBomb starring @Advani_Kiara & yours truly!Bursting in cinemas on 5th June,2020💥
Fox Star Studios Presents
A Cape of Good Films Production in association with Shabinaa Entertainment & Tusshar Entertainment House
Directed by Raghava Lawrence pic.twitter.com/vlXyK4HkNE

— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) May 18, 2019

In a short explanation on Twitter, he said, “There is an old popular saying in Tamil which tells ‘Don’t step into any house where there is no respect.’ In this world, more than money and fame, self-respect is the most important attribute to a person’s character. So I have decided to step out of the project Laxmi Bomb the Hindi remake of Kanchana. I don’t want to mention the reason because there are multiple reasons but one of them is that the first look poster of the film was released today without my knowledge and even without discussing anything with me. I was informed about this by a third person. It was very painful for a director to know about him movie’s first look release from others. I feel very disrespected and disappointed. As a creator, I’m also not satisfied with the poster designer as well. This shouldn’t happen to any director.”

Lawrence, however, remained gracious and wished the crew luck for the rest of the shooting process.

“I can hold back my script because I haven’t signed any agreement regarding this film but I won’t do it because it is not professional. I’m ready to give my script because I personally respect Akshay Kumar sir a lot. They can replace me with some other director according to their wish. Soon, I’m going to meet Akshay Kumar sir give the script and step out of the project a good way. All the very best to the entire team. I wish the movie great success,” he added.

Neither the crew nor Akshay Kumar have officially reacted to Raghava Lawrence’s announcement yet.

Kanchana which had been made on a budget of Rs 7 crore was considered one of the most financially successful films of 2011. The film also starred Sarathkumar, Lakshmi Rai, Kovai Sarala, Devadarshini in supporting roles.

That seems so devastating.

Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news. 

Filed Under Akshay Kumarbollywood remakehindikanchanalaxmi bombraghava lawrence
https://lomp.at/5is3a
Share2Tweet2Send

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Image Source: rkfiofflInstagram
Movies

SK26 Is Seyon: Sivakarthikeyan Unveils First Look from Rural Entertainer Backed by Kamal Haasan

by Shangkari
February 17, 2026

A day after the announcement that Sivakarthikeyan’s next project, tentatively titled SK25, will be produced by Kamal Haasan, the makers...

Read more
Movies

Karthik Subbaraj Hints at ‘Mahaan 2’, Says Script Yet to Be Developed

Acclaimed filmmaker Karthik Subbaraj has hinted that a sequel to his popular 2022 action drama Mahaan could be in the...

Read more
by Kavitha
February 16, 2026
Image Source: abishan_jeevinth instagram
Movies

Abishan Jeevinth Reveals New Film Following With Love Success

Following the strong critical and commercial reception of With Love, filmmaker-actor Abishan Jeevinth has confirmed that he will be teaming...

Read more
by Shangkari
February 13, 2026
Image Source: Dhanushkraja & theauteur_media Instagram
Movies

Dhanush-Arun Matheswaran’s Ilaiyaraaja Biopic: Pre-Production Completed, Filming to Begin After DC

Putting an end to speculation surrounding the much-anticipated Ilaiyaraaja biopic, the team of director Arun Matheswaran has confirmed that the...

Read more
by Shangkari
February 10, 2026
Image Source: Joshua Michael Instagram
Movies

From Malaysia to Chennai: Joshua Michael Interviews the Cast of With Love

Malaysian content creator and entrepreneur Joshua Michael has crossed borders and made the nation proud by interviewing the cast and...

Read more
by Kavitha
February 5, 2026

TRENDING

  1. 1

    EXCLUSIVE: Dr Vanajah Siva, the Angkasawan Finalist Who Never Stopped Reaching for the Stars

  2. 2

    Maha Shivaratri 2026: Sacred Pooja Timings for the Divine Night

  3. 3

    MOT to Revise Seremban-KL Komuter Schedule to Cut Two-Hour Delays

  4. 4

    Pahang Aerospace City Appoints Rajeeshawaran Moorthy as Board Advisor

  5. 5

    Education Ministry to Introduce New History Curriculum in Phases Beginning 2027

  • Advertise With Us
  • Jobs
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Sports
    • Education
  • Reviews
    • Concert
    • Movie Reviews
  • Exclusive
  • Culture
  • Travel
  • Community
  • Lifestyle
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Trailers
    • Music
    • Movies

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Sports
    • Education
  • Reviews
    • Concert
    • Movie Reviews
  • Exclusive
  • Culture
  • Travel
  • Community
  • Lifestyle
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Trailers
    • Music
    • Movies

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.