Astro celebrates this National Day with the hashtag #KitaTeguhBersama, coinciding with the company’s 25th year of service to Malaysians. Astro will launch Astro 25 on Channel 100, with specially curated content featuring the best of Malaysian and Asian entertainment, premieres, blockbuster hits, and new documentaries from 16 August to 3 October 2021 on Astro TV, On Demand, and Astro GO, as an appreciation to all customers.
#KitaTeguhBersama represents the best of what we’ve seen in fellow Malaysians and continues to be the common value we need to unite, recover, and grow in these difficult times.
Astro has carried out several initiatives in line with the #KitaTeguhBersama spirit including:
- Supporting the National Blood Bank’s blood donation drive
- Supporting the nation’s COVID-19 Immunisation drive with Public Service Announcements, volunteering at PPVs and providing TVs and Astro services at quarantine centres nationwide
- Helping the needy through KamiCare community programmes
- Helping SMEs through KamiCare MBiz campaign
- Contributing medical equipment for hospitals and laptops to students in the B40 groups
- Continuing to inform, entertain and uplift Malaysians with our complimentary channels during the MCO, non-stop dramas, new signatures, and premium original series
- Increasing our academic content to enable kids to learn from home
- Uniting Malaysians in their support and pride for our athletes at the Tokyo Olympics 2020
Astro also achieved its highest grossing Astro First movie of all time, Mael Totey, introduced local premium drama Megahit, Projek Anchor SPM, extended the Hantu Kak Limah universe with the hit Zombi Kampong Pisang and refreshed its drama slate to attract a new audience through the likes of Scammer and Ratu Ten Pin in the last 12 months. Along the way Rindu Awak Separuh Nyawa on Astro RIA became the #1 drama of 2021 and much awaited exclusives premiered such as Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Friends: The Reunion and the K-drama that had everyone talking, Penthouse.
Their vernacular content IPs, including flagship news talk shows Evening Edition and Prime Talk, as well as best-of-Chinese signatures Classic Golden Melody and documentary Social Playlist, as well as popular drama series Tamiletchumy on Astro Vaanavil and movies Vetti Passenge, Vedigundu Passenge, and Appalam, remain firm favourites.
Astro 25 on Channel 100 for all
From the 16th of August through the 3rd of October, all Astro customers may tune in to Astro 25 on channel 100 to see fresh premieres;
- Tanah Tumpahnya Darah Kita is a documentary that began with the narrative of one man who detailed his sacrifice in the army in letters to his wife and young family, and has since expanded to include the stories of other veterans whose valour in defending our country transcended race, creed, language, and culture. In order to retrace the steps and difficulties of these courageous warriors, we enlisted the help of a variety of young Malaysian artists, notably Red Hong Yi, who were all eager to contribute to the interpretation of our gallant troops’ sacrifice.
- Chiu Keng Guan’s documentary We Are No Different is the first of its kind to focus on interracial adoption in Malaysian families, whose tales are typically neglected by society yet accepted as the norm. We meet Hero, Sarah, Lavinya, and Kamala to learn about their experiences with acceptance and love that transcends familial ties.
- Journey To Stardom is a documentary that follows the lives of well-known local celebrities as they pursue their aspirations.
Customers can also enjoy an incredible lineup of over 150 titles, which includes the best Malaysian and Asian movies, all-time favourite entertainment and reality shows, and more surprises to come. Take in some notable Malaysian films, such as Ola Bola, The Journey, Paskal, Polis Evo, and Hantu Kak Limah, which have achieved unimaginable box office success.
Premiering On Your Mark on Astro First
On Your Mark, director Chiu’s first film in China, will premiere direct to home on Astro First (CH 480) on August 26, 2021. On Your Mark chronicles the emotional journey of a father who is accompanying his physically challenged son in a marathon. In China, the film has amassed a total box office collection of nearly RM100 million.
More to Come
Over the SYOK app and across the stations, Astro Radio will curate a special line-up that includes the best of 25 favourite hits, the top 25 Malaysian songs, and many more. RAAGA will also host a 90-minute National Day virtual concert on its Facebook page on August 31, 2021, featuring performances by renowned local artists.
Astro is humbled to have served Malaysians for 25 years and will continue its commitment to keeping Malaysia entertained and informed in new ways across TV, radio, digital and commerce platforms. For more information on Astro’s 25th anniversary offerings and #KitaTeguhBersama campaign, visit www.astro.com.my/bettertogether