In conjunction with National Day and its 25th anniversary, all Malaysians can look forward to an amazing and exceptional line-up on Astro Radio across all 11 radio brands on-air, on the SYOK app, website and on social media.
Kenny Ong, CEO of Astro Radio, said, “We wish to show our appreciation to our fans and listeners who have supported us in achieving this milestone of being 25. Our listeners can enjoy specially curated playlists of the best of 25 songs, listen to the stories of our many local talents from radio, TV and even cinema, and participate in fun challenges on social media and win prizes. We are honoured to continue to provide Malaysians with the best mix of content across all our radio brands and platforms and thank them for their incredible support in making us their number 1 radio choice.”
Curious to know what are those interesting shows lined-up awaiting you guys? Check this out:
- Virtual 90-minute concert on RAAGA En Malaysia, Un Malaysia, Nam Malaysia, featuring local talents Santesh, Yunohoo, Havoc Mathan, Havoc Naven, Lockup Nathan, Amos Paul, and more, on 31 August from 6pm via Facebook Live.
- 24-Hour Non-Stop Malaysian Songs, featuring local favourites from 12am, on 31 August on RAAGA.
- The Best Malaysian English Songs, counting down the top local English songs nominated and voted for by listeners on 16 September on HITZ.
- Malaysian Pop Culture, for music through the decades and an opportunity to call in to discuss iconic Malaysians movies on 31 August on MIX.
- 64 Suara Merdeka, a playlist featuring 64 favourite local songs on 31 August, 3pm on SINAR.
- 64 Lagu Ore Kito, featuring local songs from the East Coast, on 31 August on GEGAR.
- ZAYAN Talk Merdeka, a talk session with local celebrities and more, on 31 August on ZAYAN Facebook and Instagram.
- Anugerah Hero ERA Sarawak, a contest to nominate listeners’ personal heroes, from 30 August on ERA Sarawak Facebook and Instagram.
Malaysians can also celebrate Astro Radio’s 25th anniversary with:
- Specially curated music playlists such as:
- RAAGA-vil Top 25 Hits!, for the best Kollywood and Malaysian hits from the 80’s to-date, hosted by Gheetha every Sunday, from 10am to 1pm on RAAGA.
- Carta 25 Gemilang, featuring Top 25 songs from popular local reality shows ‘Akademi Fantasia’ and ‘Ceria Popstar’ from 3 September, every Friday at 9pm on SINAR.
- Top 25 Nasyid playlist every Saturday and Sunday, from 28 August on ZAYAN.
- Exclusive, insightful interviews with award-winning film directors, popular local celebrities and TV personalities including:
- Astro news anchors, Siow Hui Mei and Gan Jiang Han as well as award-winning director Chiu Keng Guan (On Your Mark, Ola Bola, The Journey) in September on MELODY.
- The winner of popular reality show ‘Akademi Fantasia’ Season 1, Vince Chong and Astro Arena Host and ‘Akademi Fantasia student’, Burn, on 31 August on GEGAR.
- Participants of Astro Oasis’ Islamic programmes through a series of interviews on Jejak Iman Muda & Pencetus Ummah, available now on Monday to Friday, from 3 to 7pm on ZAYAN.
- Amira Othman, Sufi Rashid, Aizat Amdan, Akim Ahmad, former students from popular reality show ‘Akademi Fantasia’ on the ERA YouTube channel and social media pages. Fans can also enjoy a video of the hilarious morning crew, JoHaRa Pagi ERA in Jaguh JoHaRa, competing in a virtual game of ‘Batu Seremban’ with local celebrities.
In addition to that, listeners can also look forward to a list of the Top 25 TV programmes on Astro via GOXUAN, every Thursday at 6pm, from 2 September, and fans can also participate in the TikTok challenge with MY radio announcers held later this year. Malaysians can also stand a chance to enjoy a tour of the HITZ, MIX and LITE radio studios while interacting with popular radio announcers from those brands.
For more information, follow Astro Radio brand websites and social pages.