Taen Sindhudhe Ragam premiered at The Temple of Fine Arts Kuala Lumpur on 11th May 2019. This unique idea of the show appeals to the large Indian demographic in Malaysia. The first show sold out and was a huge success.
Well, what do you when people love your show and would want to see it again? A new improvised show! Taen Sindhudhe Ragam will be premiering again 24th of August 2019, 8 p.m. at Drum Asia, Sri Hartamas.
Taen Sindhudhe Ragam aims to showcase the use of Indian classical raga in Indian film music and thereby bridge the gap between the two genres. This show can unite the Indian community; both local and international. This show is a game changer to the local scene because there are limited opportunities and collaborations between Indian artists here in Malaysia.
This performance can help to introduce a variety of audience about the essence and emotions of Indian classical raga and Indian film music. Why say no to an evening filled with beautiful Indian music performed by talented local and international Indian artists?
This is a 70-minute show with an interactive musical session, featuring 3 chosen raga. The classical artists will sing and play popular classical songs from the chosen raga and this will be complemented by a medley of movie songs in the same raga.
These are the group of 3 singers and 3 instrumentalists:
· Mr. Kumar Kartigesu, Malaysia’s well-known Sitar virtuoso;
· Mr. Aanantha Rajaram, Malaysia’s renowned Tamil RJ and singer;
· Ms. Priyanka Raman, an award-winning Carnatic vocalist and a faculty member at The Temple of Fine Arts Kuala Lumpur;
· Ms. Krithika Chandrashekar, an All India Radio B grade artist (semi classical music, Bangalore);
· Mr. Selvendrrah Krishnan, an ace percussionist who not only plays the tabla, but also an array of percussion instruments. He has performed for the Hands Percussion Instrumental Drumming Festival, 2014;
· Mr. Kirubarasan Alexander, a keyboardist and music composer, who performed for A R Rahman’s ‘One Heart’ movie premiere in Malaysia.
For more information, please contact Shobana @ 014-930 9255 or this email.