In light of the outbreak of COVID-19, the Malaysian Gurdwaras Council (MGC) has released a set of guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus in Malaysian gurdwaras. The council sent advisory fliers to all the gurdwaras yesterday.
Coronavirus – Preventive Measures at Malaysian Gurdwaras
1. Utmost cleanliness to be observed in the preparation of “Parshad” and “Langgar”.
2. All volunteers who serve Karah Parshad Degh should wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water before doing the Sewa.
3. Absolute cleanliness to be observed in preparation of Langgar. All Sewadars should wash hands with soap and water before doing Sewa. Wherever possible, the Sewadars are to wear gloves when preparing Langgar.
4. Those serving Langgar should wash hands with soap and water before serving Langgar.
5. Committees should make available in Gurdwaras hand soap, sanitisers, surface disinfectants, hand towels, etc.
6. When washing dishes, wherever possible, thereafter, to rinse the dishes with a round of warm water (over 60 °C) to sterilize them. Alternatively, to use dishwashers on hot settings with dry heat.
7. Any extra food should be disposed safely and no bins should be left uncovered.
8. Common areas like Langgar hall, Kitchen and Toilets should be more frequently cleaned.
9. If possible, a thermometer to be made available for any Sanggat member to check his/her temperature. Staff and Granthis are encouraged to check their temperatures daily.
10. Those with symptoms like having cough, a body temperature of 38°C and above and difficulty in breathing should immediately seek medical treatment. Such Sanggat members are also advised to temporarily avoid going to the Gurdwara.
Those with inquiries can contact the Malaysian Gurdwaras Council at 03-40502329.
Source: Asia Samachar
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.