As of 22nd November, the walk-in registration for individuals in Malaysia will commence at Private Vaccination Centres (PPVs) nationwide to register on the waiting list for their COVID-19 booster shot, the COVID-19 Immunisation Task Force-Booster (CITF-B) announced on Tuesday (16 November 2021).
Apart from walk-ins, the PPV list has been published on the ProtectHealth website and it will be updated on a regular basis.
ProtectHealth stated, “This strategy will enable and encourage eligible persons to take the booster dose sooner rather than later, as well as assisting the government in ensuring vaccinations are not wasted and can be utilised effectively.”
If walk-ins are a hassle or troublesome, you can call or e-mail the private PPVs that have provided their e-mail addresses and contact numbers.
This walk-in registration will be implemented for:
- Individuals eligible for booster doses;
- Individuals who wish to get an injection in advance before an appointment;
- Individuals who have not yet received the first or second dose of COVID-19 vaccine;
- Individuals who missed a vaccination appointment, and
- Adolescents between the ages of 12-17 who have not completed their vaccinations.
For the time being, the priority for booster doses will be given to:
- Health, safety, and defence frontline personnel;
- Individuals aged 40 years and above;
- Individuals 18 years and older with comorbidities;
- Residents and staff at long-term health centres;
- Pregnant women, and
- Individuals who need to travel overseas.
Additionally, those who have not received the first or second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including adolescents aged 12 to 17, as well as those who have missed their appointments, are eligible to join the waiting list.