A big sigh of relief!
After a 5-day of shutdown due to some technical issues, the LRT Kelana Jaya line is now fully open for operation starting today (14th November 2022) from 6am onwards.
According to the RAPID KL statement on their official Facebook page, the LRT Kelana Jaya line has received the necessary approval from the Land Public Transport Agency (APAD) to resume full operations. The agency has declared the Kelana Jaya line as safe to operate fully after analysing the extensive tests carried out by technical experts by Rapid Rail and Thales Group OEM.
In meantime, to make up for the temporary shutdown of the LRT for five days, Rapid KL will be providing compensation to all LRT users.
- LRT users will be given additional free travel for seven (7) days when renewing the My50 pass after its expiry. Renewals can be done from 21st November to 20th December 2022.
- For the My50 pass customers who expire between 14th November to 20th November 2022, you may use the pass as usual without any charge. Kindly ensure that at least RM5.00 of stored value is maintained in the pass.
- Users can renew it at any customer service office at LRT, MRT, Monorail and BRT stations.
Touch ‘n Go Card Users
- Touch ‘n Go card users using the Kelana Jaya Line service can use the card as usual without any charge between 14th November to Sunday 20th November 2022 provided that the start or end destination is at any Kelana Jaya Line station.
- Kindly ensure that at least RM5.00 of stored value is maintained on the card.
- All users who use the Kelana Jaya Line service from Monday 14 November to 20th November are eligible to enjoy the free fare.
- Users may go to any Customer Service Office at LRT, MRT, Monorail and BRT stations to obtain a special one-way travel token, provided that the trip starts or ends at any Kelana Jaya Line station.
With that, Prasarana and Rapid Rail have also apologised to all Malaysians affected by the service interruption and they are taken all steps necessary to ensure this outage would not happen again.
Let’s hope that this would not happen again after all the hectic commotion.
You may click HERE for more information about Rapid KL.