Planning to go to the Matta Fair KL happening this 17 March- 19 March?
If YES- then you’re in luck! This Matta Fair Guide will provide you with all the information you need to know about the event, such as what you can expect, top tips, and more. Let’s begin!
What is Matta Fair?
Matta Fair is a travel fair that takes place annually in Kuala Lumpur. It is that go-to stop where various travel and tourism industries showcase their products and services to attract visitors and customers. Also, anyone who attends the fair can enjoy great discounts and promotions on travel packages, flights, accommodations, and other related services.
YOUR MATTA FAIR GUIDE
1. How To Get There? 🚗
MATTA has announced that shuttle services will be provided at designated pick-up/drop-off points within MiTEC near Hentian Putra, KL High Court, Masjid Wilayah, Miti, and Matrade.
MiTEC is accessible by major highways like the DUKE, NKVE, SPRINT Highway, and Jalan Kuching. The next question that often pops up here is WHERE DO I PARK?
- MiTEC Basement Parking (South & North Entrance)
This is the most convenient option, guaranteeing that you will get direct access to the exhibition halls.
- MATRADE Open Car Park
Located right next to MiTEC, park here and take one of the shuttle services to MiTEC.
- MITI Basement Parking
Another option is that is close to MiTEC and accessible via the free shuttle service.
Take the 852 or 851 bus and stop at KL 1022 Matrade South bus station, a 4-minute walk away from MiTEC.
Of course, the easiest and most hassle-free option is to hop into a Grab. MiTEC’s partnership with GRAB provides exhibition goers easy access to MiTEC pick-up/drop-off points. Promo codes are also offered for specific events, so keep an eye out for that.
2. What To Bring Along?
- Dress comfortably in walking shoes and cool clothing – with such good deals, you will be spending lots of time there.
- Bring water to stay hydrated.
- Carry light snacks. Everyone needs to eat and for some of us, an empty stomach can affect our decision-making. Bringing something to munch on is good for your stomach and your wallet.
- Wear a mask & carry hand sanitiser to keep your mind at ease in the large crowd.
3. Do Your Research
- Desired travel destination – Somewhere halal-friendly or maybe the Balkans?
- Desired travel experience – Is it a cruise, solo travel, or something trendy?
- Travel dates – take a look at the upcoming 2023 public holidays to plan ahead!
- Are the above flexible?
4. MAKE A LIST
To avoid missing out on great deals and to stay on track with your shopping, it’s recommended to make a list of things you’re looking for before attending the fair. This will help you stay organized and narrow down your search. It’s suggested to check the validity of your passport while you’re at it. If it has expired, add renewing your passport to your list, and refer to our guide on renewing Malaysian passports online.
5. Take Notes
- The booth number and location. The exhibition hall can start to look like a maze after a while so finding that one travel agent that offered you the best price can be tough!
- Purchasing deadline. Most of the great deals expire at the end of the Matta Fair (19 March). Note it down to make sure you don’t miss out!
- Terms and conditions. Each package from each travel agent could have its own inclusions and exclusions which would make it way too difficult to recall. Take a minute to jot down the details and you won’t regret it.
6. Ask Questions
- Does the package include flights?
- Is the package/flight ticket refundable?
- Are there any blackout dates for the package?
- When will the deal expire?
7. Most importantly don’t forget to – HAVE FUN!
Matta Fair 2023 is another great opportunity to get inspired for your next holiday, learn more about the travel industry, and take advantage of some great deals.
Venue : Kompleks MITEC @ KL Metropolis, 8, Jalan Dutamas 2, Segambut, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Make sure to mark your calendars and attend the Matta Fair KL 2023!
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.