Significance of Oil-Bath Tradition
According to Vedic custom, everyone, regardless of age or gender, must take a weekly oil bath. Taking an oil bath is very important during Deepavali. Symbolically, an oil bath represents a fresh start by removing all self-esteem, ego, strife, and animosity.
Gingelly oil is widely used for this purpose. Indians apply oil to their entire body, from head to toe. After 15 to 30, take a bath. Gingelly oil, in essence, keeps the body warm and protected. Another widely held belief is that ceremonial cleaning of the body removes all evil, filth, and unlucky things.
On Deepavali, Goddess Lakshmi resides in oil, and this bath purifies the home. Applying oil to the skin not only moisturizes it, but it also cleanses it of pollutants, grime, and dead skin cells. It helps to increase blood circulation. Oil massage on the scalp lowers tension and relaxes the mind.
The Proper Way To Take An Oil Bath
- Make sure the bathroom is completely dry.
- Make sure the person is dry.
- Apply the coconut oil on the scalp and hair length.
- Apply the gingelly oil to the entire body.
- Gently massage in the oil until it absorbed.
- Allow 5 minutes.
- Apply a thin coating of besan paste to the entire body.
- Hold your breath until it dries. It takes roughly ten minutes.
- Rub the besan gently till it falls of the body.
- If the besan is not coming off readily, massage your body with some of the leftover rice flour.
- Continue the procedure until all of the besan has been removed from your body.
- Clean the besan from the bathroom floor before proceeding.
- Wash away the remaining oil and besan with warm or hot water. Use no soap or body wash.
Benefits of Oil Bath
Oil Bath Helps You Relax and Sleep Better
There are several advantages to utilizing an oil bath, including improved relaxation and sleep. According to studies, persons who take an oil bath report feeling more calm than those who take a hot shower.
Great for Skin Care
Regular oil baths can help keep the organs healthy and the skin smooth. It improves blood circulation in the body, keeping the skin healthy. The oil facilitates the unclogging and washing away of skin pores. Bath oils for dry skin work wonders since they replenish the body with much-needed oil. This results in glowing, silky skin.
Reduces Stress and Anxiety
A calming oil bath is a great way to unwind after a long day at work. Furthermore, it is a fantastic opportunity to pamper yourself when you need it. Many individuals like having oil baths because they feel nice. Oil baths can also give aromatherapy stress reduction.
Contains Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Plants and trees are used to obtain the oils used in an oil bath process. These oils are cooling to the body and and help to relax muscles and tension. They aid in the relief of pain and reduction of inflammation. It also helps with muscle aches and pains, arthritis, and rheumatism when done on a regular basis.
Source: Modern Store