Varnam Malaysia
  • News
    • Sports
    • Education
  • Reviews
    • Concert
    • Movie Reviews
  • Exclusive
    • IWD Exclusive
    • Mother’s Day Exclusive
  • Culture
  • Travel
  • Community
  • Lifestyle
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Trailers
    • Music
    • Movies
No Result
View All Result
Varnam Malaysia
  • News
    • Sports
    • Education
  • Reviews
    • Concert
    • Movie Reviews
  • Exclusive
    • IWD Exclusive
    • Mother’s Day Exclusive
  • Culture
  • Travel
  • Community
  • Lifestyle
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Trailers
    • Music
    • Movies
No Result
View All Result
Varnam Malaysia
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Seven Control Posts And Random Inspections on Major Highways During Interstate Travel

by Tiviya Linges
May 8, 2020
Screenshot 2020 05 08 at 12.57.51 AM
11
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSend

PDRM has set up seven control posts along several major highways to conduct random inspections on vehicles during the four-day interstate travel period which began Thursday (May 7).

Screenshot 2020 05 08 at 12.57.51 AM
Credit: The Star Malaysia

Bukit Aman Traffic Investigations and Enforcement Department principal assistant director Supt Bakri Zainal Abidin said the checks were to ensure highway users complied with the regulations set by the government.

The seven selected control posts comprise of two in the northern zone, one in the southern zone, two in the eastern zone and two in the central zone. People are advised to adhere to the set schedules to prevent traffic congestion.

Supt Bakri had earlier conducted aerial surveillance of toll plazas and major highways around the country’s capital. Around 13,000 vehicles were estimated to be travelling interstate on Thursday.

Supt Bakri said the aerial surveillance also found that the public was complying with the regulations while stopping at rest and recuperation areas along the highway.

“Only a few vehicles were seen stopping in the R&R areas and they were adhering to all the directives,” he said.

As of Wednesday (May 6), a total of 143,516 travel applications submitted through the Gerak Malaysia application were approved by the police to allow those stranded in their hometowns during the movement control order (MCO) to return to the city from May 7-11.

News Credit: The Star Malaysia

Error happened.

Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news. 

Related:  Marriott Bonvoy Unveils Cross-Country Campaign Highlighting Travel Experiences in Malaysia and Indonesia
Filed Under covid-19Interstate travelsMalaysiamcopdrm
https://lomp.at/9e9e4
Share4Tweet3Send

TRENDING

  1. 1

    Ex-Employee Wins Case Against American Express Malaysia Over Workplace Harassment

  2. 2

    Weekly KL Festival 2026 Guide Part 2: What To Catch Around KL This Weekend

  3. 3

    Weekly KL Festival 2026 Guide: What To Catch Around Kuala Lumpur This Week

  4. 4

    Suriya Sivakumar, Celebrating a Journey of Remarkable Versatility and Excellence in Tamil Cinema

  5. 5

    5 Fine Dining Restaurants in Klang Valley to Celebrate Teacher’s Day with Special Deals

  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Jobs
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Sports
    • Education
  • Reviews
    • Concert
    • Movie Reviews
  • Exclusive
    • IWD Exclusive
    • Mother’s Day Exclusive
  • Culture
  • Travel
  • Community
  • Lifestyle
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Trailers
    • Music
    • Movies

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Sports
    • Education
  • Reviews
    • Concert
    • Movie Reviews
  • Exclusive
    • IWD Exclusive
    • Mother’s Day Exclusive
  • Culture
  • Travel
  • Community
  • Lifestyle
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Trailers
    • Music
    • Movies

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.